Sliding Discount Program
Sliding Discount Schedule
The CAHC provides essential health services to patients regardless of their ability to pay. Discounted fees are available for community members who qualify, depending on income and household size. Discounts apply to all services offered but does not apply to any services performed by outside providers or healthcare facilities.
Call our office at (208) 879-4351 ext. 0 to learn more, request an application or receive assistance to complete your enrollment in the program. If you wish to apply the sliding scale to your current visit, you must submit a completed application and income verification within 10 days. The sliding discount co-pay will range from $25 to $70 per visit for healthcare services provided by CAHC depending on eligibility. Co-pay is due at time of service.
What you need to apply:
*Acceptable forms include valid driver’s license, state ID card, employment, or other picture ID.
*Name, DOB, and income documentation for ALL income coming into the household by all members.
*Prior year’s income tax return for each individual living in the household. If employment has changed since the filing of that return, copies of the last three months’ paycheck stubs or payroll records showing year-to-date earnings are required
*If the applicant has had no income for three months or more, this must be verified through the self-declaration form or some other official agency records, i.e., bank records, or by a written statement from a landlord or other person outside the household having knowledge of the applicant’s financial situation
If approved, you will be notified in writing by CAHC. Once approved, your application will be valid through April 30 of each year unless there is a substantial change in household makeup or income. It is your responsibility to reapply when the current eligibility period has expired. If you do not pay your co-pay each date of service your sliding fees discount will not be applied to that date of service.
Sliding Discount Application
Good Faith Estimate
- You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. A Good Faith Estimate shows the cost of items and services that are reasonably expected based on your healthcare needs at the Challis Area Health Center. This estimate is based on our understanding of your needs for that visit.
- While caring for you, our providers may recommend additional services not listed here, or unknown or unexpected costs may arise during your service. Because of this, your final charges may differ from the estimate set forth in this document.
- The Challis Area Health Center offers sliding discounts based on your income and the number of people in your household. CAHC staff will help you determine which payment group you belong to.
- Make sure you receive your Good Faith Estimate from the CAHC in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask CAHC staff, including your health care provider, or any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. You may need it if you are billed a higher amount.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 208-879-4351.